Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Farewell to Opie, and also now, wondering about a cat named Fred ---Are these 2 cats brothers?

A sad, but unavoidable farewell to Opie (forgive me, my sweet, loving, good boy)--

Returned to Best Friends adoption center 8-26-2015,
only because he was just too dominant around, and relentlessly playful with, my beloved resident cat, the super-gentle older female, Krishna.
His energy-level can be quite high at times, much like an overgrown kitten, and it was way more than Krishna could handle.
She is way past the time when she wants to play and chase and tumble like a kitten, as he clearly wanted to do. 
I think it likely Opie had a sibling or playmate earlier in his young life, and kept looking for poor old Krishna to be the new playmate.

(note: regarding the sibling issue, see below) 

Opie was not hostile or hurtful at all, but there was just way too much energy directed at Krishna, while he seemed also to be trying to displace her in some ways in the household, and he just didn't know when to quit. 
Krishna was showing the strain in her own ways as well.

Good cat, but in this case, not a fit.

Opie was, and is,  sweet and affectionate and charming.
Talkative, smart and funny.  A real clown, impishly-playful, 
and a super-athlete.
Loved to hang out with me while I was on the computer, 
listening to the radio, watching TV, etc. 

Umistakably, likes being talked-to in conversational tone.
By himself, a fantastic home cat and a cool companion.
A good buddy for me, but alas, not for Krishna. 
So I really had to kind of "take the hit" for my beloved girl.

He deserves a good, loving home, and would make a great companion for someone who wants a cat-buddy. 
He bonds well, trust me on that. 
There's lots of love in that boy.
I felt it.
That's why saying goodbye hurts so much. 
Thank God he's at least back in a 
no-kill shelter (Best Friends/Mission Hills, CA).

He shall haunt my memory for as long as I live.

Good luck, sweet friend! 
You're a good boy, and it's not your fault.
You deserve good fortune as much as any soul out there!
My heart is so sorry you couldn't live here.

.....................................................................................

The story began here, last July (link):

Can Opie and Krishna share a home? 
...................................................... 
Post-Note:

While looking through Best Friends website, I saw a cat listed at the same location who looked like a possible sibling of Opie. 
Could it be?

Fred
I'd love to put these 2 cats together and see if they respond as siblings.
You never know. 
Just another possible mystery about Opie ----Another unknown chapter in the untold stories of these wayward souls we call shelter-cats.

 ......................................................
 

No comments:

Post a Comment